The requirements of this rule are applicable if the general assembly appropriates funds for the senior facilities program (program) or if the Ohio department of aging (ODA) receives a gift or grant for the program:
(A) ODA shall adopt rules to define terms, eligibility criteria, and post-award requirements for the program.
(B) Counties, townships, municipal corporations, existing senior centers or other local non-profit organizations may apply for funds through the following application process:
(1) ODA shall provide a notice of funding availability and a complete copy of all application materials to each area agency on aging (AAA).
(2) After receiving ODA's notice, each AAA shall provide a copy of the notice and application materials to each entity it has designated as a focal point, and to all counties, townships, municipal corporations, existing senior centers and other local non-profit organizations that are located within its PSA. An AAA's failure to notify every possible applicant, however, shall not render the application process or grant award process void.
(3) Any county, township, municipal corporation, existing senior center or other local non-profit organization may submit its completed application to the local AAA no later than the deadline that ODA published in the application materials.
(4) Each AAA shall review any application it receives for completeness and shall communicate any deficiency to the applicant in writing.
(5) If the AAA communicated any deficiency to the applicant, the applicant shall correct the deficiency and submit the revised application to the AAA before the deadline that ODA published in the application materials.
(6) Each AAA shall forward any completed applications to ODA no later than the deadline established by ODA.
Replaces: Present Filing and 01/08/2009: 173-11-03. Effective 08/19/2000: 173-11-12. Effective 01/02/1998: 173:1-3-12.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.01, 173.02, 173.11
Rule Amplifies: 173.11 , 173.12
Prior Effective Dates: As 173:1-3-12: 12/07/1979. As 173-11-12: 01/02/1998. As 173-11-03: 08/19/2000, 05/16/2005, 01/08/2009.