(A) ODA shall review all completed grant applications received by the deadline it established. The director may award the amount requested, award a different amount, or deny the applicant's request altogether.
(B) To assist in the review of applications, ODA may form an advisory committee of state staff and non-state personnel to review the applications and make funding recommendations to the director. The director may accept, modify, or reject the committee's recommendations, so long as the director's funding decisions are not arbitrary or capricious.
(C) When reviewing applications for grants under this chapter, the advisory committee or the director shall consider:
(1) The overall availability of state and local funding for the applicant's project;
(2) Whether the proposed project involves the construction of a new facility or the purchase or remodeling of an existing facility;
(3) The technical merit of the proposed project and the quality of the presentation of the application.
(4) The degree of local community support for the project;
(5) The degree to which the proposed project will improve the quality or availability of services in the geographic region to be served by the facility;
(6) The number of low-income and minority seniors served or proposed to be served by the facility; and,
(7) Any other criteria deemed to be appropriate by the director and noted in the department's request for proposals.
(D) ODA shall notify each applicant of the amount of the grant funds to be awarded, if any. A grant award is only valid after the applicant and ODA have entered into a formal written grant agreement and the director of the state's office of budget and management has certified that sufficient funds are available to cover the amount awarded by ODA. No grant agreement shall become effective before the first day of July in the fiscal year for which the funds are awarded.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.02, 173.11
Rule Amplifies: 173.11, 173.12
Prior Effective Dates: 12/7/79, 1/2/1998, 8/19/2000