(A) Representatives of the office shall refer to the SLTCO, in a manner established by the SLTCO, any complaints:
(1) That pose a conflict of interest to the representative or the regional program that cannot be remedied by reassigning the complaint to another representative;
(2) That the client has chosen to have handled by the SLTCO;
(3) That are frivolous, vexatious, or not made in good faith;
(4) That were made so long after the actual occurrence that it is no longer reasonable to conduct an investigation;
(5) For which an adequate investigation cannot be conducted because of insufficient funds, staff, expertise, or other factor that could result in an inadequate investigation despite a good faith effort by the representatives; or,
(B) The SLTCO shall provide updates on the progress and disposition of a case to the referring regional program. For those complaints which the SLTCO determines do not warrant handling, the SLTCO shall notify the client and/or complainant, if possible, and the regional program of the reasons the complaint will not be handled.