(A) "Home-delivered meal" means a meal regulated by rule 5160-44-11 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Every ODA-certified provider of home-delivered meals shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) General requirements: The provider shall comply with the requirements for every ODA-certified agency provider in rule 173-39-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Requirements specific to home-delivered meals:
(a) For all meals, the provider shall comply with the requirements in rule 5160-44-11 of the Administrative Code.
(b) If ODA's designee authorizes home-delivered meals for an individual, the provider shall provide the individual with home-delivered meals that are kosher if the individual requests a kosher diet.
(3) If a conflict exists between a requirement in rule 173-39-02 of the Administrative Code and a requirement in rule 5160-44-11 of the Administrative Code, the provider shall comply with the requirement in rule 173-39-02 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Units and rates:
(1) A unit of regular home-delivered meals is one home-delivered meal.
(2) A unit of home-delivered meals with a therapeutic diet is one home-delivered meal with a therapeutic diet.
(3) Appendix A to rule 5160-1-06.1 of the Administrative Code establishes the maximum rates allowable for units of home-delivered meals.
(4) Rule 5160-31-07 of the Administrative Code establishes rate-setting methodology for units of home-delivered meals.
(5) Section 173.524 of the Revised Code authorizes the PASSPORT program to pay for home-delivered meals with a kosher diet at the same rate as a therapeutic diet.
Replaces: 173-39- 02.14
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/01/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.522, 173.52 , 173.391, 173.02, 173.01
Rule Amplifies: 173.391, 173.39 , 173.522; 42 C.F.R. 441.352, 173.52
Prior Effective Dates: 04/16/2006, 01/01/2011, 09/01/2016