(A) Home care attendant service (HCAS) is a service designed to provide supportive services specific to the needs of an individual consumer with impaired physical or cognitive functioning. Allowable home care attendant services include, but are not limited to:
(1) Personal assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, caring for nail, hair and oral hygiene, shaving, deodorant application, skin care, foot care, ear care, feeding, toileting, ambulation, changing position in bed, assistance with transfers, normal range of motion, and nutrition and fluid intake;
(2) General household assistance with the planning, preparation and clean-up of meals, laundry, bed-making, dusting, vacuuming, shopping and other errands, the replacement of furnace filters, waste disposal, seasonal yard care and snow removal;
(3) Heavy household chores including, but not limited to, washing floors, windows and walls, tacking down loose rugs and tiles, moving heavy items of furniture to provide safe access and egress;
(4) Assistance with money management and correspondence as directed by the consumer; and,
(5) Escort services and transportation to community services, activities and resources. This activity is offered in addition to medical transportation available under the Medicaid state plan, and may not replace it. Whenever possible, other sources, which can provide this service without charge, must be utilized.
(B) Eligible providers of HCAS are ODA-certified consumer-directed individual longterm care service providers and ODA-certified long-term care agency providers.
(C) A unit of service is fifteen minutes.
(D) Certified providers who transport a consumer for any reason must ensure that the driver has a valid drivers license, and proof of collision and liability insurance for each vehicle used.
(E) Prior to service initiation, the HCAS worker must complete training provided by the consumer or his designee, and must demonstrate competency in skills appropriate to the consumer's needs.
(F) At the request of a consumer, the HCAS worker must participate in an interview with the consumer prior to service initiation.