(A) Definitions for this rule:
(1) "Nutrition health screening" ("screening") means using the "Determine Your Own Nutritional Health" checklist to screen consumers for nutritional risks and referring consumers with high nutritional risks to community-based services.
(2) "Determine Your Own Nutritional Health" checklist means form ODA0010 (http://www.aging.ohio.gov/information/rules/forms.aspx), which is a health screening instrument issued by ODA that indicates a person's level of nutritional risk.
(3) "High nutritional risk" means the status of a consumer whose score on the "Determine Your Own Nutritional Health" checklist is six or above.
(B) In addition to complying with the mandatory clauses for provider agreements described in rule 173-3-06 of the Administrative Code, a nutrition health screening provider shall comply with the following requirements:
(a) Congregate or restaurant and grocery: The provider shall screen each consumer who is enrolled in a congregate nutrition program according to rule 173-4-02 of the Administrative Code, which includes consumers enrolled in a restaurant and grocery nutrition service, and shall do so no later than one month after the consumer's enrollment into the program and at least annually thereafter.
(b) Home-delivered: The provider shall screen each consumer who is enrolled in a home-delivered nutrition program according to rule 173-4-02 of the Administrative Code, and shall do so no later than one month after the first meal is delivered to the consumer's home and at least annually thereafter.
(2) Referrals for high nutritional risk:
(a) The provider shall establish a referral system that allows for potential interventions for consumers with a high nutritional risk, unless the AAA has already established a referral system.
(b) The provider shall use the referral system to refer any consumer who is determined to have a high nutritional risk.
(3) Information on excessive alcohol consumption:
(a) The provider shall provide information to consumers about excessive alcohol consumption that correspond with the recommendations of the "Dietary Guidelines for Americans," unless the AAA is providing this information to consumers.
(b) The provider shall provide information about agencies or organizations that address excessive alcohol consumption to any consumer who answers "yes" to the alcohol consumption question on the "Determine Your Own Nutritional Health" checklist.
(a) The provider shall record the number of consumers that it refers at high risk that it refers through screening and for potential intervention.
(b) The provider shall indicate whether the consumer is at high nutritional risk in SAMS (social assistance management system).
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2011 and 07/05/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.01 ; 173.02 ; 173.392 ; Section 305 (a)(1)(C) of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 79 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001 , as amended in 2006; 45 C.F.R. 1321.11
Rule Amplifies: 173.392 ; Sections 336 and 339 of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 79 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001 , as amended in 2006
Prior Effective Dates: 03/05/2009