(1) "Grocery shopping assistance service" means a service that provides transportation to and from a grocery store or grocery ordering and delivery for a consumer who needs assistance to shop for groceries. The service is only reimbursed with funds from Title III, Part B or Title III, Part E of the Older Americans Act (or any source used to match those funds) or senior community services funds.
(2) "Groceries" mean foods for a household to eat, such as breads and cereals; fruits and vegetables; meats, fish, and poultry; and dairy products.
(B) Minimum requirements for a grocery shopping assistance service:
(1) Introductory packet: Upon enrollment in the service, the provider shall provide the consumer with a packet of introductory information that explains how the service works, defines eligible foods, lists eligible grocery stores, and explains how to safely store and handle groceries
(2) Transportation to and from a grocery store: As part of transporting a consumer to and from a grocery store, the provider may help the consumer transfer groceries from the store/shopping cart to the vehicle and from the vehicle to the consumer's home.
(3) Grocery ordering and delivery:
(a) As part of grocery ordering and delivery, the provider shall carry the groceries into the consumer's home.
(b) The provider shall develop and implement procedures for assuring the safe delivery of groceries.
(4) Records: For each service performed, the provider shall document the consumer's name; service date; pick-up time and location (if transportation was provided); drop-off time and location (if transportation was provided); service units; provider's signature; and consumer's signature.
(C) Unit of service: One unit of grocery shopping assistance service equals:
(1) One-way transportation to or from a grocery store; or,
(2) One episode of grocery ordering and delivery.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/31/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.02 ; 173.392 ; Section 305 (a)(1)(C) of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 79 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001, as amended in 2006; 45 C.F.R. 1321.11
Rule Amplifies: 173.392 ; Sections 336 and 339 of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 79 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001, as amended in 2006