(A) Definitions for this rule:
"Form ODA0010" means the "'Determine Your Own Nutritional Health' checklist (Rev. May 28, 2009)." ODA publishes the form on www.aging.ohio.gov. It is available to the general public at no cost.
"High nutritional risk" means the status of a consumer whose score on form ODA0010 is six or above.
"Nutrition health screening" ("screening") means using form ODA0010 to screen a consumer for nutritional risks and, if the screening determines the consumer to be at high nutritional risk, referring consumer to providers of home and community-based goods and services with potential for reducing the risk.
(B) In every AAA-provider agreement for nutrition health screening paid, in whole or in part, with Older Americans Act funds, the AAA shall include the following requirements;
(1) General requirements: In the AAA-provider agreement, the AAA shall include the requirements in rule 173-3-06 of the Administrative Code for every AAA-provider agreement paid, in whole or in part, with Older Americans Act funds.
(2) Stand-alone or part: The provider may screen consumers as a stand-alone service or as part of a nutrition project or nutrition counseling.
(3) Checklist: The provider shall use form ODA0010 to screen consumers for nutritional risks.
(4) Referrals: If a screening determines a consumer to be at high nutritional risk, the provider shall refer the consumer to providers of home and community-based good and services with potential for reducing the risk. The AAA-provider agreement shall not require the provider to document the identity of providers to whom it made referrals.
(5) Service verification: For each screening, the provider shall retain records to verify the date of the screening, the consumer's name, the provider's name, and an indication of whether the consumer is at high nutritional risk.
(1) One unit of nutrition health screening provided as a stand-alone service is equal to a single instance of screening one consumer.
(2) When a provider provides nutrition health screening as part of another good or service paid, in whole or in part, with Older Americans Act funds, the screening is part of the cost of providing a unit of a meal through the other good or service.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 173-4-09
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/01/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.01, 173.02, 173.392 ; Section 305(a)(1)(C) of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 70 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001, as amended by the Older Americans Act Reauthorization Act of 2016; 45 C.F.R. 1321.11 (July 1, 2016).
Rule Amplifies: 173.392 ; Sections 331, 336, and 339 of the Older Americans Act of 1965, 79 Stat. 210, 42 U.S.C. 3001, as amended by the Older Americans Act Reauthorization Act of 2016.
Prior Effective Dates: 03/05/2009, 07/05/2012.