(A) Introduction: Chapter 173-42 of the Administrative Code regulates the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program created under section 173.40 of the Revised Code. (See Chapter 173-40 of the Administrative Code for rules on the state-funded component of the PASSPORT program.)
(B) Definitions for Chapter 173-42 of the Administrative Code:
(1) "Authorized representative" means a person, eighteen years of age or older, who is chosen by, and acts on behalf of, an individual who is applying for, or receiving, medical assistance. In accordance with rule 5101:1-38-01.2 of the Administrative Code, the individual must provide a written statement naming the authorized representative and the duties that the named authorized representative may perform on the individual's behalf.
(2) "CDJFS" means "county department of job and family services."
(3) "Nursing facility" has the same meaning as in section 5111.20 of the Revised Code.
(4) "ODA's designee" has the same meaning as "PASSPORT administrative agency" in section 173.42 of the Revised Code. The current PASSPORT administrative agencies are the area agencies on aging listed in rule 173-2-04 of the Administrative Code plus"Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley."
(5) "ODJFS" means "the Ohio department of job and family services."
(6) "PASSPORT program" ("PASSPORT") means the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program created under section 173.40 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/29/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.01, 173.02, 173.40
Rule Amplifies: 173.40
Prior Effective Dates: 02/22/2001, 10/03/2005 (Emer.), 01/13/2006, 01/14/2010, 03/12/2011