(A) Any vendor wishing to participate in the golden buckeye program shall do the following:
(1) The vendor shall complete a hard-copy application or an electronic application found on ODA's website (or ODA's administrator). The vendor shall include the following information on the application:
(a) The vendor's business name and mailing address (including county) ;
(b) The vendor's telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, and internet web address (if any) ;
(c) A general description of the goods or services the vendor will furnish to cardholders ;
(d) The benefit or amount of the discount the vendor will offer to cardholders;
(e) A list of any restrictions the vendor wishes to place on the use of the card by cardholders, so long as those restrictions do not violate the agreement in paragraph (B) of this rule;
(f) Any other information ODA requires; and,
(g) An acknowledgement that the vendor agrees to the terms of the golden buckeye program that are listed in paragraph (B) of this rule. The vendor may acknowledge by :
(i) Signing a hard-copy application below the line of text below a statement that says the vendor agrees to the terms of the golden buckeye program; or,
(ii) Checking a box that says "I agree" that is located on the electronic application one line of text below a statement that says the vendor agrees to the terms of the golden buckeye program.
(2) If a vendor intends to offer benefits or discounts at multiple sites, the vendor shall include the information required by paragraph (A)(1) of this rule for each site by either submitting a hard-copy or electronic spreadsheet that lists each site with the application or by submitting a separate application for each site.
(3) The vendor shall submit the completed application to ODA (or ODA's administrator) by mailing the application to the address listed on the application, by faxing it to the fax number listed on the application, or by electronic submission.
(B) These are the terms to which a vendor shall agree when the vendor agrees to participate in the golden buckeye program:
(1) The vendor's participation in the program is voluntary and in good faith;
(2) The vendor shall honor the use of the golden buckeye card by all cardholders;
(3) The vendor may not change the regular price of its good or services before providing a benefit or discount to cardholders;
(4) The vendor shall offer a tangible benefit or discount to cardholders that is not available to customers who are not cardholders;
(5) The vendor's decision to honor the golden buckeye card does not imply or constitute ODA's endorsement of the vendor's goods or services . Although the vendor may use the golden buckeye card's logos and other images in its place of business and in advertisements, the vendor may not use the logos and other images in a manner that implies or constitutes ODA's endorsement of the vendor's goods or services ; and,
(6) Any other business-specific requirements ODA determines are necessary.
(C) After ODA (or ODA's administrator) receives an application from a vendor, it shall determine if the vendor may participate in the golden buckeye program. If ODA agrees to allow the vendor to participate in the program, ODA shall also determine the vendor's effective date for participating in the program.
(D) A vendor may revise any information submitted to ODA (or ODA's administrator) by contacting ODA (or the administrator).
(E) A vendor may cancel its participation in the golden buckeye program at any time and for any reason by filing a cancellation to ODA or to an administrator designated by ODA in writing or electronically (through the web site of ODA and/or an administrator designated by ODA) .
(F) ODA may cancel the a vendor's participation in the golden buckeye program at any time and for any reason. In such a case, ODA shall make the vendor aware of the cancellation by mailing a written notice to the vendor.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/06/2011 and 03/24/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.02 , 173.06
Rule Amplifies: 173.06
Prior Effective Dates: 07/03/1980, 12/30/1995, 01/12/2001, 09/12/2002 (Emer.), 12/11/2002, 07/01/2007