(A) It is the responsibility of the commission to ensure grantee financial accountability by:
(1) Reviewing budget applications, budget revisions and expenditure reports;
(2) Making a fiscal review when deemed necessary;
(3) Conducting compliance reviews when deemed necessary;
(4) Processing grant payments;
(5) Ruling on the acceptability of late expenditure reports; and
(6) Reviewing progress and final reports.
(B) The grantee shall:
(1) Deposit grant funds promptly, no later than three days after receipt.
(2) Account for grant funds in accordance with sound accounting principles and expend funds only for allowable and approved costs.
(3) Provide the commission with an audit as stated in the grant award agreement and make available for prompt return to the commission, any unspent balance on the grant.
(4) Permit any member or agent of the commission to review any and all records, books, documents and financial reports upon reasonable notice. These materials must be audited and held for two years after the audit in the offices of the grantee.
(5) Complete all requirements of the grant award.
(C) Outstanding obligations at the end of the grant period which are allowable costs and legally required may be paid out of program funds. They include accounts payable for authorized services and/or goods that benefited the funded grant period, such as, costs for employee services during the final pay period and/or for supplies which were ordered and delivered during the grant period.
(D) Only in specific circumstances may grant awards be obligated and used to pay for goods and/or services to be received after the end of the grant period. The grantee must request prior written approval from the commission and provide a written justification explaining the benefit of such goods or services to the program during the grant period.
(E) Program funds are not to be used for:
(1) Liquidation of bad debts;
(2) Contributions to a contingency fund;
(3) Fines, penalties, interest or other financial payments; or
(4) Contributions or donations to civic causes.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/25/2008 and 12/30/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Prior Effective Dates: 5/16/90, 9 /20/90, 4/8/91