(A) Foundation staff members are required to:
(1) Notify the executive director if there is a question regarding conflict of interest. The executive director will review and make appropriate recommendation on a case-by-case basis.
(2) Remove themselves from the boards of organizations that currently or may prospectively receive foundation funding. Foundation staff may hold a membership to various organizations, however, staff members are prohibited from participation in the decision-making process for any organization proposal for funding in which membership is held.
(3) Abstain from participation in any decision-making process involving an applicant for foundation funds, which applicant employs a member of the immediate family of a foundation staff member; or with which a member of the immediate family of a foundation staff member is otherwise directly affiliated.
(4) Conduct themselves, at all times, in a manner that avoids the appearance of impropriety, favoritism, or bias.
(B) Restraints upon an employee's conduct include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) No employee may solicit or accept anything of value, including, but not limited to the following: gifts, food or beverages, social event tickets or expenses, travel expenses, or consulting fees, from any person interested in matters, doing business with, or seeking to do business with, the foundation. For these purposes, the term "value" means a worth greater than minimal or de minimis.
(2) No employee may use his or her position to obtain improper personal benefits, or improper benefits for his her family or business associates.
(3) No employee may accept compensation, other than from the foundation, for the performance of his or her foundation duties or responsibilities.
(4) No employee may be a party to or beneficiary of a contract with, authorized by, or approved by, the foundation.
(5) No employee may authorize, or in any way use his or her position to secure approval of a foundation contract or grant in which the employee's family members or business associates have an interest.
(6) No employee may use, or authorize the use of, his or her name, the name of the "Southern Ohio Agricultural and Community Development Foundation" or any foundation logo in a manner that suggests impropriety, favoritism, or bias by the employee or the foundation.
(7) No employee may solicit or accept honoraria for the performance of his or her foundation duties or responsibilities.
(8) For purposes of this rule, "family members" include but are not limited to: grandparents; parents; spouse; children, whether dependent or not; grandchildren; brothers and sisters; or any person related by blood or marriage and residing in the same household.
(9) For purposes of this rule, an employee's "business associates" include but are not limited to: a person(s); corporation; association; or any other business entity that shares a definite and direct pecuniary or fiduciary interest with the employee.