(A) Requests for proposals.
(1) A business may apply for research commercialization grant program funds administered by the third frontier commission on forms prescribed by the third frontier commission.
(2) The forms that will be used in the application process shall be made available by the Ohio Department of Development each time a request for proposal is issued. Requests for proposal process shall be published on the Ohio Department of Development web page, located at www.odod.state.oh.us.
(3) Any request for proposal for the research commercialization grant program shall include:
(a) The topic area or areas for which proposals are sought;
(b) Instructions for submitting a proposal, including the required format and any specific forms to be used in the proposal;
(c) Eligibility requirements for receiving an award;
(d) A description of procedures that will be used to select the award recipients; and
(e) Any special conditions or requirements that may accompany an award of funds.
(B) Criteria for reviewing, evaluating, and ranking applications.
To be selected for research commercialization grants funds, an applicant shall demonstrate through a response to a competitive request for proposal, that the assistance will permit the applicant to achieve the following goals:
(1) Increase the viability of the project;
(2) Assist in obtaining federal research and development grants;
(3) Accelerate new technology-based products to market, in sectors important to the state's economy;
(4) Create substantive economic value of the state of Ohio.
(C) Evaluation criteria for applications.
Applications submitted for the research commercialization grant program will be reviewed and scored based on various criteria, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Applicant's company background including its history, leadership, revenue generation, and commercialization history.
(2) Description of the technology and the proposed project and how it differs from the current state of the art of that technology.
(3) Description of the market that the new technology and/or product will address.
(4) Proposed work plan to include how the new product will be commercialized and by whom.
(5) Plan for financing the commercialization of the new product.
(6) Economic impact of commercializing the new product.
(D) Reporting requirements & monitoring requirements.
Any award recipient of Ohio research commercialization grant program funds shall provide periodic program and fiscal reports of the Ohio Department of Development as set forth in the grant agreement.
(E) Grant eligible awards & programs
Federal awards and programs that make an applicant eligible for a grant under Revised Code section 184.04(B) and (C) are any of the following:
(1) Small business innovation research program;
(2) Small business technology transfer program; or
(3) Advanced technology program.