(A) The Class B uniform shall consist, at a minimum, of the following articles of clothing and uniform items:
(1) A Class B uniform shirt
(a) Of the sleeve length prescribed by paragraph (B) of this rule, and
(B) The sleeve-length of the Class B shirt shall be as follows:
(1) During the summer, from May sixteenth to September fifteenth, the short-sleeve shirt is mandatory;
(2) During the winter, from November first to March thirty-first, the long-sleeve shirt is mandatory; and
(3) During the spring, from April first to May fifteenth, and fall, from September sixteenth to October thirty-first, either the long-sleeve or short-sleeve shirt shall be worn as required by the sheriff.
(4) The sheriff has discretion to determine which sleeve-length shall be worn, based on the sheriff's evaluation of weather and duty conditions, and all deputies shall conform to the sheriff's determination.
(5) The sheriff may authorize deputies assigned to inside duty to wear a different sleeve-length than that authorized for deputies assigned to outside duty.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/13/2014 and 09/15/2019
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 311.28
Rule Amplifies: 311.28
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/1976, 7/21/1979, 12/15/2001