(A) General specifications
(1) All leather items shall be black, made in basketweave finish, and kept well-polished.
(2) All nylon items shall be black, made in basketweave finish, and kept clean.
(3) All metal items shall be gilt or brass and kept well-polished.
(B) A tie shall be worn with the long-sleeve Class B shirt.
(1) The tie shall be made of a fabric blend of seventy-five per cent polyester and twenty-five per cent wool. The color shall be Broome Cravats charcoal grey no. 18 or an equivalent color.
(2) The tie may be a clip-on style.
(3) The bottom of the tie shall be no more than three inches wide.
(4) The tie may be worn in three lengths: Short, fourteen and one-half inches, conforming to Broome no. 45055 or equivalent design; regular, eighteen inches, conforming to Broome no. 45015 or equivalent design; and extra long, twenty inches, conforming to Broome no. 45045 or equivalent design.
(C) A tie tack or tie clasp shall be worn with the tie.
(1) The tie tack shall be a five-point star.
(2) The tie clasp shall be a plain gold bar with a five-point star at the bar's end; the clasp shall be five-sixteenths of an inch wide and no more than two inches long.
(D) A gold chain, with or without a gold whistle, may be worn on the uniform shirt or blouse; the chain shall extend from the bottom of the right shoulder strap around the right breast pocket into the pocket; the whistle, if worn, shall be attached to end of the chain inside the pocket.
(E) Black gloves may be worn with the uniform.
(F) A black or grey scarf may be worn when weather conditions require. The scarf shall be tucked inside the outermost uniform garment.
(G) Earmuffs may be worn with the standard uniform hat when weather requires, provided they do not interfere with the wearing of the hat. Black or grey stocking caps may be worn under authorized helmets.
(H) A black belt, made of nylon or leather in basketweave finish, shall be worn with the uniform trousers.
(I) Sam Browne belt and equipment:
(1) A black Sam Browne belt made of leather or nylon in basketweave finish shall be worn with the uniform trousers.
(2) Accessories to the Sam Browne belt shall be black and made of leather or nylon in basketweave finish. Any snaps on accessory items must be black or gilt in color.
(J) A white crew-neck style undershirt shall be worn under all Class B uniform shirts. The sleeves of the undershirt may not extend beyond the sleeve ends of the short-sleeve shirt.