(A) The reporting duties and responsibilities of all community school sponsors include, but are not limited to, the following:
((1) Verification through site-visit prior to the community school's opening for instruction and provision in writing of the annual assurances for each sponsored school no later than ten business days prior to the opening of the school as required by section 3314.19 of the Revised Code
(2) Monitor, evaluate and report the community school's compliance with all laws and rules applicable to the community school and with the terms of the preliminary agreement and the community school contract, including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) Conduct comprehensive site visits to the community school as necessary, but at least twice annually while classes are in session; and
(b) Make written reports of all information obtained during site visits, and provide written reports of all site visits to the department upon request.
(3) Monitor and evaluate the academic and fiscal performance and the organization and operation as well as the legal compliance of the community school, and submit a written report of the evaluation results to the parents of students enrolled in the community school and to the department by November thirtieth of each year;
(4) Provide written assurance to the department as follows:
(a) The sponsor or its representative(s) shall possess, or be capable of providing access to, resources in order to monitor and provide technical assistance and shall be located within fifty miles of the location of each community school it sponsors, or in the case of each internet-or computer-based community school, within fifty miles of each community school's base of operation, in order to monitor and provide technical assistance in complying with all laws and rules applicable to the community school and with the terms of the preliminary agreement and the community school contract, and initiate intervention in a timely manner;
(b) A representative of the sponsor, knowledgeable in school finance (based on education or experience), shall meet with the governing authority of the community school and shall review the financial records of the school at least once every two months and shall prepare written reports which shall be made available to the department upon request; and
(c) The sponsor shall notify the department within twenty-four hours of a community school's failure to comply with applicable state or federal laws, rules, or contractual requirements, as well as any financial difficulties, if such failure to comply or financial difficulties occur and may result in the sponsor's determination to declare the community school to be on probationary status, to suspend the operation of the community school, or to terminate the community school contract. In such circumstances, the sponsor shall provide written notice to the department within thirty days of the community school's noncompliance or financial difficulties specifying the exact nature of the problem and the plan for and status of any resolution.
(5) Comply with the financial reporting requirements as established by the department and report separately as to each individual community school's financial records that the entity sponsors in accordance with applicable accounting standards and as prescribed by all applicable sections of the Revised Code and rules of the Administrative Code;
(6) Intervene in the community school's operation to correct problems in the community school's overall performance, declare the community school to be on probationary status pursuant to section 3314.073 of the Revised Code, suspend the operation of the community school pursuant to section 3314.072 of the Revised Code, or terminate the contract of the community school pursuant to section 3314.07 of the Revised Code as determined necessary by the sponsor;
(7) Have in place a written plan of action to be undertaken in the event that the community school experiences financial difficulties or closes prior to the end of a school year, consistent with requirements of division (E) of section 3314.015 of the Revised Code and submit for approval such written plan of action (including, but not limited to, the handling of facilities, equipment, materials, supplies, employees, students, school records, which include student records that are consistent with section 3314.44 of the Revised Code, and addressing any other obligations of the community school) to the department within ten business days after each community school contract is executed.
(B) A sponsor shall notify the department in writing within twenty-four hours of the execution of each preliminary agreement or community school contract.
(C)A sponsor shall submit a copy of each preliminary agreement and community school contract, and any amendments thereto, in the format required by the department to the department within ten business days of executing any such agreement, contract or amendments.
(D) Sponsors shall respond in a timely manner to reasonable requests from the department for information, data, and documents.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/31/2010 and 04/19/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3314.015, 3314.08, Section 7 of ASHB 364
of the 124th GA
Rule Amplifies: Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, 3314.03, 3314.19,
3314.44, Section 7 of ASHB 364 of the 124th GA
Prior Effective Dates: 7/7/03, 5/19/06, 4/19/2008