(A) To initiate the flow of foundation payments for a new start-up or a new conversion community school, the following steps shall be taken:
(1) The community school shall submit a completed W-9 form, signed by the school's fiscal officer, as well as a completed and signed new vendor information form (OBM 3456) available at http://obm.ohio.gov/forms/ or any successor form to the department;
(2) The sponsor shall notify the department of each new community school's identifying information, including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) School name;
(b) School county of location;
(c) School finance area coordinator that is assigned to the community school;
(d) School contact name;
(e) School contact e-mail address;
(f) School contact telephone and fax numbers;
(g) School academic calendar as measured in either number of hours or days;
(h) First and last dates of school's academic calendar; and
(i) Actual or projected enrollment as stated in the community school contract or any amendments.
(3) The community school shall be assigned an internal retrieval number (TRN) by the department.
(B) Initial and subsequent foundation payments to new start-up, new conversion, or existing community schools shall be made by the department as follows:
(1) After the office of community schools authorizes the initial foundation payment for a new start-up or a new conversion community school, the initial payment(s), until the school opens for instruction, shall be based upon the greater of the following:
(a) The community school's actual enrollment entered by the community school and processed through the department's web-based system or its successor; or
(b) Up to fifty percent of the projected enrollment not to exceed one-hundred students approved for year one as stated in the community school's contract, as supported by any other documentation that may be requested by the department in order to facilitate the initial payment(s).
(2) Initial payment(s) for new start-up and new conversion community schools shall be computed as in paragraph (B)(1) of this rule until the community school is open for instruction and the school reports enrollment data in EMIS or any EMIS subsystem established to collect enrollment data.
((3) Once a community school is open for instruction, all payments shall be based upon the community school's actual enrollment entered by the community school and processed through the department's web-based system or its successor. No payments based on projected enrollment shall be made after September.
(4) Payments for existing community schools shall be based upon the community school's actual enrollment entered by the community school and processed through the department's web-based system or its successor.
(5) Payments shall be based upon an annual calculation and shall be processed monthly by the department.
(C) Adjustments to and deductions from community school foundation payments shall be made by the department as follows:
(1) Adjustments to monthly community school foundation payments may result from a recalculation of annual amounts due to changes in enrollments or classifications of students as reported by community schools and processed through the department's web-based system or its successor.
(2) Adjustments may result from full-time equivalency reviews which are completed by the department after the end of the fiscal year and the fiscal year end closing processes, or as a result of other determinations made by the department as necessary and appropriate under the circumstances. The department shall post an explanation of the full-time equivalency review process on the department's website. These adjustments shall be made by the department after the final amount of an adjustment has been calculated.
(3) Deductions from monthly payments shall be made by the department as required by all laws and rules applicable to community schools, including, but not limited to, the school employees retirement system and the state teachers retirement system.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/19/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3314.015, 3314.08, Section 7 of ASHB 364
of the 124th GA
Rule Amplifies: Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, Section 7 of
ASHB 364 of the 124th GA
Prior Effective Dates: 7/7/03, 4/19/2008