(A) The parent of a child participating in the autism scholarship program shall assure that the Ohio department of education has at all times current contact information for the parent and child and providers who are implementing the child's individualized education program and current information about the status of the child's participation in the autism scholarship program.
(1) This information shall include the names and current addresses and telephone numbers for the child and parent and for the providers who are providing a special education program for the child.
(2) This information shall be provided to the current provider and the Ohio department of education through the system determined by the Ohio department of education..
(B) Parents shall promptly notify the current provider and the Ohio department of education through the system determined by the Ohio department of education in the following circumstances:
(1) When moving a participating child from one provider to another during the current school year;
(2) When adding a new provider to provide additional services during the current school year;
(3) When transferring to a new school district of residence;
(4) When withdrawing a participating child from the autism scholarship program;
(5) When a participating child becomes no longer eligible to participate in the autism scholarship program.
(C) If a parent withdraws a participating child from the autism scholarship program prior to the end of the current school year, the child's scholarship terminates as of the date the parent notifies the department. The department shall notify the school district of the parent's election to terminate the scholarship.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/07/2017 and 06/23/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3310.41
Rule Amplifies: 3310.41
Prior Effective Dates: 1/8/2004, 7/1/2009