(A) Districts that are subject to the provisions of this chapter are those that have been declared to be in academic watch or academic emergency pursuant to section 3302.03 of the Revised Code.
(B) The superintendent of public instruction may gather information from such sources as the superintendent of public instruction determines to be relevant in order to prioritize the school districts subject to this rule. Such prioritization shall be undertaken to identify those districts that are likely to benefit from orders authorized under this rule. Such information may include, but shall not be limited to:
(1) Information regarding previous spending reviews conducted and previous orders issued pursuant to this rule, including information regarding the actions taken by the district to implement recommendations from such reviews or the actions taken to implement issued orders;
(2) Information regarding the academic performance of students enrolled in the school district including historic trend information and building-level information;
(3) Information about the district improvement plan prepared pursuant to rule 3301-35-03 of the Administrative Code, or other such plans as may be submitted in compliance with state or federal grant application requirements;
(4) Information about school district activities as they may relate to district efforts to improve academic achievement;
(5) Information about participation in professional development activity by district teachers, principals, administrators, and other employees;
(6) Information about the financial condition of the district including the district five year forecast, any recovery plans submitted by the district, and any financial or related analyses conducted by divisions or offices of the department of education;
(7) Information about the financial management practices of the district, including the district's budget, the district's reported expenditures, and information about district grants management practices. District expenditure information may be categorized by broad categories such as instruction, administration, pupil support services, etc.;
(8) Any other analyses or reviews conducted by any division or office within the department of education;
(9) Information relating to compliance by the district with school operating standards as specified in Chapter 3301-35 of the Administrative Code;
(10) Any performance audit of the district conducted by the auditor of state pursuant to section 3316.042 of the Revised Code or any financial audit of the district conducted by the auditor of state pursuant to section 117.11 of the Revised Code; and
(11) Information submitted by the school district for the superintendent of public instruction's consideration in the process of implementing this chapter of the Administrative Code.
(C) Based on the information gathered under paragraph (B) the superintendent of public instruction may determine whether a spending practice review should be undertaken pursuant to rule 3301-12-03 of the Administrative Code.