Chapter 3301-14 Education Management Information System
(A) As used in this rule, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Education management information system" means an integrated system of statewide data collecting, reporting, and compiling for school districts, including the publication of guidelines as defined in paragraph (A)(4) of this rule and as required by section 3301.0714 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Department" means the Ohio department of education.
(3) "Designated data acquisition site" means a data processing installation pursuant to section 46.01 of Amended Substitute House Bill 111 of the 118th General Assembly, capable of collecting, preparing and transmitting to the department in machine-readable form those data required by the department and the auditor of state.
(4) "Ohio education management information system: definitions, procedures, and guidelines," hereafter referred to as the "EMIS guidelines," which are available through the department's website at education.ohio.gov, means the publication issued by the department containing the school district student, staff, and financial information to be collected and reported, along with data-element definitions, procedures, and guidelines necessary to implement the education management information system.
(5) "School district" means any city, local, exempted village, or joint vocational school district, educational service center, and, in accordance with section 3314.17 of the Revised Code, any community school.
(C) The education management information system shall contain, but not be limited to, automated school district student, staff, and financial information. The information to be collected and reported shall be defined in the "EMIS guidelines". This publication shall be developed by the department and shall include, but not be limited to:
(5) Procedures for annually reporting the data to the public pursuant to divisions (A)(4) and (F) of sections 3301.0714 of the Revised Code; sections 3319.32 and 3319.321 of the Revised Code; and 20 U.S.C. 1232(g). In accordance with these statutes, no data, such as a social security number, shall be used to release personally identifiable student information to the department.
(6) Procedures for user access to the education management information system data.
(F) The EMIS guidelines shall be periodically reviewed by the department in consultation with the EMIS advisory board pursuant to House Bill 115 of the 126th General Assembly. The department shall update the guidelines in a manner consistent with changes in law and recommendations from the committee to the state superintendent of public instruction.
(G) All EMIS data submitted for reporting purposes shall be verified and approved by the school district superintendent and treasurer.