(A) An alternative resident educator license for teaching in a career-technical workforce development program shall be issued to an individual who is deemed to be of good moral character and who:
(1) Holds a high school diploma, or equivalent thereof;
(2) Has completed five years of fulltime work experience or the equivalent in the career field, as verified by the employing school district in accordance with procedures and forms prescribed by the Ohio department of education (education.ohio.gov); and
(3) Successful completion of a summer training institute that has been approved by the chancellor to prepare career-technical workforce development teachers pursuant to section 3319.26 of the Revised Code, which will provide instruction in the principles and practices of career-technical teaching for individuals seeking an alternative resident educator license.
(B) The holder of an alternative resident educator license who teaches in a career-technical workforce development program shall, as a condition of continuing to hold the license, successfully complete a career-technical workforce development teacher preparation program that consists of not less than twenty-four semester hours, or the equivalent, from a state university. The program shall consist of career-technical professional education coursework in areas such as the principles and practices of career-technical teaching, student development and learning, pupil assessment procedures, curriculum development, classroom management, teaching methodology and other areas appropriate for career-technical workforce development teachers.
(C) A professional educator license shall be issued to the holder of an alternative resident educator license for teaching in a career-technical workforce development program upon successful completion of all of the following:
(1) Four years of successful teaching experience under the alternative resident educator license as verified by the employing superintendent;
(2) A career-technical workforce development teacher preparation program as referenced in paragraph (B) of this rule; and
(3) A performance-based assessment, as verified by the institution's career-technical workforce development teacher preparation program.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/23/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3319.22
Rule Amplifies: 3301.07, 3319.22
Prior Effective Dates: 2/14/11, 4/25/13, 2/16/17