(A) Beginning with the local report card released for the 2012-2013 school year, the local report card shall include a graded performance measure for the annual measurable objectives (AMOs) to assess the academic achievement gaps in Ohio.
(B) This measure shall evaluate the academic performance of specific groups of students, including racial and demographic groups. Each group shall be compared against the collective performance of all students in Ohio. Grades shall be awarded in accordance with the agreement between the department of education and the United States department of education.
(C) The department shall assign a letter grade for the annual measurable objectives performance measure using the following performance benchmarks:
(1) "A" for scores greater than or equal to ninety per cent;
(2) "B" for scores greater than or equal to eighty per cent but less than ninety per cent:
(3) "C" for scores greater than or equal to seventy per cent but less than eighty per cent;
(4) "D" for scores greater than or equal to sixty per cent but less than seventy per cent; and
(5) "F" for scores less than sixty per cent.