(A) Beginning with the local report card released for the 2012-2013 school year, the local report card shall include a graded performance measure known as performance index. This measure shall use the performance index system described in section 3302.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) The performance index shall assign weights for each student's performance level on state assessments. Higher levels of achievement by a student will result in a higher weight for that student. Grades shall be awarded as a percentage of the total possible points on the performance index.
(C) The department shall assign a letter grade for the performance index performance measure using the following performance benchmarks:
(1) "A" for scores greater than or equal to ninety per cent;
(2) "B" for scores greater than or equal to eighty per cent but less than ninety per cent;
(3) "C" for scores greater than or equal to seventy per cent but less than eighty per cent;
(4) "D" for scores greater than or equal to fifty per cent but less than seventy per cent; and
(5) "F" for scores less than fifty per cent.
(D) Students who are advanced a grade in a tested subject area in accordance with a student acceleration policy adopted under section 3324.10 of the Revised Code and take the corresponding assessment shall receive the weight prescribed for the next higher performance level. The department shall assign the weight of one point three for a score in the assessment's highest performance level for students who are advanced a grade.