(A) To provide a foundation for measuring and improving operational and educational performance, each school district or school shall:
(1) Collect and analyze information about key areas of school operations and educational performance and areas of needed improvement identified in its strategic plan, and if applicable, in its continuous improvement plan pursuant to rule 3301-56-01 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Ensure that information collected is accessible, valid and reliable; and
(3) Monitor, evaluate, improve, and update the information to meet changing educational needs.
(B) For key operational and educational areas, school districts and schools should determine their baseline performance levels, evaluate and compare their performance levels with similar school districts and schools, benchmarks and generally accepted best practices. The school district or school shall use the comparative information, performance index score and other data to promote innovation, improve instruction and learning, improve school district and school performance, and set higher goals for future achievement. The analysis of performance data, including disaggregated data, may be used to:
(2) Measure year-to-year improvement of various student populations including the value-added progress dimension; and
(3) Communicate student performance results to staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
(C) The state's education management information system (EMIS) under section 3301.0714 of the Revised Code and rule 3301-14-01 of the Administrative Code provides an integrated system of statewide collecting, reporting and compiling of school district and school information in a manner that complies with federal laws protecting student privacy.
(1) The performance measures a school district uses shall reflect the major categories of data collected under EMIS relating to students, staff, and financial status.
(2) The school district shall work with the department of education to submit timely and accurate data under EMIS, and the school district shall minimize the time it takes to verify the accuracy of its data.
(D) To ensure continuous improvement of its information system, the school district or school shall regularly evaluate the system to ensure that the information it collects is:
(1) Appropriate and collected in a manner that complies with state and federal laws protecting student privacy;
(2) Shared with parents, staff, students, and other stakeholders; and
(3) Used to improve the school district's performance.
(E) The school district or school shall evaluate organizational effectiveness by analyzing key measures of its systems, operations and support services and use the data to drive improvement.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07
Rule Amplifies: 3301.07 , 3301.0714 , 3302.03 , 3302.04
Prior Effective Dates: 12/31/2000, 2/24/2006