A school, which is not chartered or seeking a charter from the state board of education because of truly held religious beliefs, shall annually certify in a report to the parents of its pupils that the school meets Ohio minimum standards for non-chartered, non-tax supported schools cited in paragraphs (A) to (H) of this rule. A copy of said report shall be filed with the Ohio department of education on or before the thirtieth of September of each year.
(C) Pupil attendance. Pupil attendance shall be reported to facilitate administration of laws relating to compulsory education and the employment of minors. Parents shall be responsible for reporting their child's school enrollment or withdrawal. An individual in charge of the non-chartered, non-tax supported school may, as a matter of convenience, provide the report for the parent.
(1) The attendance report shall include the name, age, and place of residence of each pupil below eighteen years of age.
(2) The report shall be made to the treasurer of the board of education of the city, exempted village, or local school district in which the pupil resides.
(3) The report shall be made within the first two weeks of the beginning of each school year. In the case of pupil withdrawal or entrance during the school year, notice shall be given to the treasurer of the appropriate board(s) of education. Such notice shall be given within the first week of the next school month.
(D) Teacher and administrator qualifications. Teachers and administrators shall have received a bachelor's degree or the equivalent thereof from a recognized college or university.
(E) Courses of study. Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall have courses of study for the following subjects:
(1) Language arts;
(2) Geography, the history of the United States and Ohio, and national, state, and local government;
(6) Physical education;
(7) The fine arts, including music;
(8) First aid, safety, and fire prevention;
(9) Other subjects as prescribed by the non-chartered, non-tax supported school.
(F) Pupil promotion. Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall follow regular procedures for promotion from grade to grade of pupils who have met the school's educational requirements.
(G) Pupil health and safety. Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall comply with state and local health, fire, and safety laws.
(H) Pupils attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are not entitled to pupil transportation as provided pursuant to section 3327.01 of the Revised Code, and pupils attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are not entitled to auxiliary services as provided pursuant to section 3317.06 of the Revised Code.
A non-chartered, non-tax supported school is not entitled to nonpublic administrative cost reimbursement provided pursuant to section 3317.063 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/17/2008 and 12/17/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07
Rule Amplifies: 3301.07
Prior Effective Dates: 9/1/83