Chapter 3301-4 Notice of Meetings
(A) Any person may learn the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the state board of education (hereinafter, "state board"), or any committee or subcommittee of the state board, by one of the following means:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Secretary, State Board of Education of Ohio , 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183";
(2) Contacting the department of education's office of board relations at (877) 644-6338 or by electronic mail at email@example.com; or
(3) Checking for meeting notices provided on the department of education's website at sboe.ohio.gov.
(B) News media
(1) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by sending a written request to: " Secretary, State Board of Education of Ohio , 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183." The request shall include the telephone numbers and electronic mail address of the media representative to be contacted. The department of education shall maintain a list of all news media representatives who have requested notice of meetings.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the state board , or any committee or subcommittee thereof, shall notify all registered media representatives by electronic mail and by posting to the state board's website at least twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting
(3) In the event of an emergency meeting, the state board , or any committee or subcommittee thereof, shall notify all registered media representatives immediately by the means outlined in paragraph (B)(2) of this rule.
(C) In providing the notices required by paragraph (B) of this rule, the state board , or any committee or subcommittee thereof, may rely on assistance provided by any employee of the department of education , and any such notice is complete if given by such employee in the manner provided in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(D) Any person may obtain notice of all meetings at which any specific type of public business is to be discussed by sending a written request to: "Secretary, State Board of Education of Ohi", 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183." All persons who have submitted such a request shall be placed on the state board's agenda mailing list. The department of education shall, within a reasonable time prior to each meeting, send an agenda of the meeting to those persons by regular mail or electronic mail. The board may assess a reasonable fee, not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing, for notices sent to persons in accordance with this rule.
(E) The minutes of any regular or special meeting of the state board , or any committee or subcommittee thereof, shall be promptly prepared, filed, and maintained and open for public inspection. The minutes of state board meetings, upon approval by the board, shall constitute the official record of its proceedings.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/07/2013 and 03/24/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07 , 121.22
Rule Amplifies: 121.22
Prior Effective Dates: 5/1/89; 1/1/95; 11/28/02, 01/18/2008