(A) The purpose of this rule is to establish guidelines and procedures whereby city, local, exempted village, or joint vocational school districts may establish a policy to guarantee that certain graduates of the district have attained a specific level of competency.
(C) The board of education of any city, local, exempted village, or joint vocational school district may establish a policy to guarantee a specific level of competency for certain graduates.
(D) Such guarantee policies shall proclaim that any graduate meeting criteria established by the board is capable of performing specified functions at an established level.
(E) The guarantee policy shall include:
(1) Any criteria that must be met by a graduate of the district to be eligible for consideration;
(2) A list of specific functions that are guaranteed;
(3) A performance level for each guaranteed function;
(4) Indication of an employer's right to submit a written statement to the board of education, when appropriate, stating that a guaranteed graduate of its district does not meet the level of competency specified in the district's guarantee policy;
(5) A statement assuring that additional educational opportunities will be provided, without regard to age or place of residence, to the district's graduates whose competencies have been guaranteed, until the graduate attains the competency level specified in the policy; and
(6) Assurance that no fee will be charged to any person or government entity for such additional education.
(F) School funds may be expended for a guarantee program.
(G) Guaranteed graduates receiving additional education may not be counted in the district's average daily membership, nor may such individuals be included as a participant in any other program that would result in additional state funds to the school district.
(H) The educational program specified for returning guaranteed graduates shall be determined by the district superintendent and shall provide the help needed for the individual to achieve the guaranteed level of competency.