(A) Upon being appointed to preside over an administrative hearing, the hearing officer may, in accordance with paragraph (D) of this rule, schedule a pre-hearing conference and direct participation by the parties in the pre-hearing conference.
(B) The hearing officer shall, in accordance with paragraph ( D) of this rule, upon motion of any party, schedule a pre-hearing conference.
(C) The hearing officer shall issue a journal entry setting the date and time for any pre-hearing conference.
(D) Pre-hearing conferences may be held for the following purposes:
(1) Identification of issues;
(2) Obtaining stipulations and admissions;
(3) Agreements limiting the number of witnesses;
(4) Discussion of documents, exhibits, and witness lists;
(5) Estimating the time necessary for hearing;
(6) Scheduling hearing dates and times;
(7) Establishing other scheduling orders; or
(8) Discussion of any other matters the hearing officer deems appropriate.
(E) Procedural orders may be issued by the hearing officer based upon information obtained at a pre-hearing conference. The hearing officer shall issue an entry journalizing any procedural orders.
(F) The proceedings at a pre-hearing conference shall be informal, but the hearing officer may prepare, or order prepared, an entry journalizing the agreements reached and decisions made at the pre-hearing conference, including any admissions, stipulations, or proposals agreed to.
(G) Pre-hearing conferences may be held in person or via video, telephonic, or other electronic means.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/07/2014 and 12/23/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3319.31, 3319.311
Rule Amplifies: 3319.31, 3319.311
Prior Effective Dates: 9/25/2004