Each school transportation vehicle owner or operator shall maintain and make available for inspection the following records for the management and reporting of the pupil transportation program.
(A) Maintenance and repair:
(1) Records to document that reported mechanical deficiencies discovered during inspections were corrected.
(2) A maintenance and repair record for each school transportation vehicle.
(3) Documented proof of pre-trip inspection for each school transportation vehicle must be kept on file for no less than twelve months.
(B) An accounting system for fuel consumption and costs for routine and non-routine use of school buses and annual operating costs by vehicle and by fleet as prescribed by the Ohio department of education form T-2, if applicable.
(C) A pupil accounting system that details assigned:
(1) School bus;
(2) School bus stop;
(3) School of attendance, student name and address, telephone number, date of birth, and grade.
(D) A record of routine and non-routine daily and annual miles driven by vehicle and by fleet.
(E) A reporting of the numbers of regular and substitute school bus drivers, mechanics, supervisors, secretaries, clerks and drivers aides.
(F) Maintain and file a copy of the following documents:
(1) School bus driver training records
(2) Ohio pre-service school bus driver training certificate
(3) Drug and alcohol training certificate
(4) Blood-borne pathogens training certificate
(5) BMV report
(6) Annual inservice training records
(7) Criminal record check
(8) Physical examination report
The physical examination, criminal record, BMV report, and the drug and alcohol test results are to be kept confidential
(G) Maintain and file "School Vehicle Accident Report" (education.ohio.gov) :
File with the department's office of pupil transportation a report (T10 form) of any school bus or van accident that results in a fatality, an injury or vehicle or property damage in excess of one thousand dollars. Reports shall be submitted within fifteen days of the accident or occurrence.
(H) Submit reports as required by the Ohio department of education.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/08/2012 and 07/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3327.01, 4511.76
Rule Amplifies: 3327.01, 4511.76
Prior Effective Dates: 9-1-70; 10-22-84; 7-1-91; 10-5-98; 10-1-04, 3-25-10