Chapter 3301-98 Background Checks for OhioReads Program
(A) In the event there are funds appropriated for the OhioReads classroom reading grants program under section 3301.88 of the Revised Code, grantees may seek reimbursement of the actual amount paid for the background check from the department of education .
(B) Request for reimbursement shall be made by invoice which will be submitted to the office of curriculum and assessment on a monthly basis.
(C) All invoices must be submitted by a public school or ESC directly participating in the program, or which sponsors a grant recipient or approved entity which is not a public school.
(D) The invoice for reimbursement shall be submitted on the approved form and include the following information:
(1) A treasurer's signature under the statement of assurances.
(2) The name and district IRN of the public school or ESC requesting the reimbursement.
(3) The number of BCI investigations for which reimbursement is being sought.
(4) The total amount of reimbursement requested.
(5) Any other information deemed necessary by the office of curriculum and assessment .
(E) The office of curriculum and assessment will only reimburse the cost of a background check conducted by the bureau of criminal identification and investigations.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 2/8/2018 and 04/27/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3301.07, 3301.88
Rule Amplifies: 3301.86, 3301.88
Prior Effective Dates: 02/21/2000, 02/24/2006