Chapter 3301-98 Background Checks for OhioReads Program
(A) Any grant recipient, or entity approved by the office of reading improvement, which requires as a condition of participation under the provisions of section 3301.88 of the Revised Code, a criminal background check for individuals providing services to children participating in the program, may seek reimbursement of the actual amount paid for the background check, from the office of reading improvement.
(B) Request for reimbursement shall be made by invoice which will be submitted to the office of reading improvement on a monthly basis.
(C) All invoices must be submitted by a public school or ESC directly participating in the program, or which sponsors a grant recipient or approved entity which is not a public school.
(D) The invoice for reimbursement shall be submitted on the approved form and include the following information:
(1) A treasurer's signature under the statement of assurances.
(2) The name and district IRN of the public school or ESC requesting the reimbursement.
(3) The number of BCI investigations for which reimbursement is being sought.
(4) The total amount of reimbursement requested.
(5) Any other information deemed necessary by the office of reading improvement.
(E) The office of reading improvement will only reimburse the cost of a background check conducted by the bureau of criminal identification and investigations.