(A) Any person may learn the time and place of all regularly scheduled council meetings and time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the "Governor's Council on People with Disabilities."
(2) Calling the council's telephone number during normal business hours.
(B) Any news organization may obtain notice of all special council meetings by requesting in writing that such notices be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the "Governor's Council on People with Disabilities."
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the mailing address, electronic mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers. GCPD shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this paragraph.
(2) When there is a special meeting that is not an emergency, GCPD shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by notifying such representatives by telephone or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, GCPD has been unable to provide such telephone notice.
(3) When there is a special emergency meeting, GCPD shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing the notice described in paragraph (B)(2) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notices required by paragraphs (B) to (B)(3) of this rule, GCPD may rely on assistance provided by any member of the council and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in paragraphs (B) to (B)(3) of this rule.
(C) GCPD shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all council meetings at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may, upon payment of an annual fee in the amount of ten dollars have his name placed on such list. No later than ten days prior to each meeting, GCPD shall send by first-class mail a meeting agenda to such persons.
(D) The notice of the meeting will include the following information: the location of the meeting will be architecturally and programmatically accessible to people with disabilities; a sign language interpreter will be provided if such need is made known at least ten days prior to the meeting by contacting the "Governor's Council on People with Disabilities."
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/16/2016 and 02/02/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3303.41
Rule Amplifies: 121.22(F)
Prior Effective Dates: 8/8/83, 11/10/97, 9/10/07