(A) Any person may learn the time and place of all regularly scheduled commission meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the office of the RSC executive director.
(2) Calling RSC's general information telephone number during normal business hours.
(B) Any news organization may obtain notice of all special commission meetings by requesting in writing that such notices be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the office of the RSC executive director.
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the U.S. postal mailing address, an electronic mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers. RSC shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this rule.
(2) When there is a special meeting that is not an emergency, RSC shall notify all media representatives on the list by telephone or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, RSC has been unable to provide such telephone notice. Electronic notice shall be complete once sent without receiving a notice that the message was undeliverable.
(3) When there is a special emergency meeting, RSC shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing the notice described in paragraph (B)(2) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notices required by paragraphs (B) to (B)(3) of this rule, RSC may rely on assistance provided by any member of the commission and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in paragraphs (B) to (B)(3) of this rule.
(C) RSC shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all commission meetings at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. No later than ten days prior to each meeting, RSC shall send by first-class postal mail or by electronic mail a meeting agenda to such persons.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/08/2013 and 07/11/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3304.15 , 3304.16(A)
Rule Amplifies: 121.22(F)
Prior Effective Dates: 11/28/1975, 12/21/1976, 10/3/1983, 11/10/1997, 1/7/2003, 4/11/2008