(A) RSC shall conduct a public hearing for all administrative rules filed in compliance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(B) At least thirty days before the public hearing, RSC shall prepare a notice of public hearing, which includes all of the following:
(1) A statement that it is RSC's intention to propose, amend, or rescind rules.
(2) The date, time, and place of the hearing.
(3) A general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule(s), amendment(s), or rescission(s) relate.
(4) The reason for proposing, amending, or rescinding the rule(s).
(5) A statement that the rule(s) shall be available for review, free of charge, at the office of the RSC executive director.
(6) A statement that the notice of the public hearing and/or the full text(s) of the rule(s) is available from the office of the RSC executive director to any person who requests it and pays a fee not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing.
(7) A statement that the public hearing shall be conducted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(C) At least thirty days before all public hearings, except for those relating to Chapter 3304:1-21 of the Administrative Code, RSC shall mail, by first-class postal mail or electronic mail, the notice of public hearing to:
(1) The RSC consumer advisory council liaisons; and
(2) The executive secretary of the Ohio governor's council on people with disabilities.
(D) At least thirty days before all public hearings for an administrative rule, which relates to the group's area of interest, RSC shall mail, by first-class postal mail or electronic mail, the notice of public hearing to:
(1) The president and executive director of the Ohio association of rehabilitation facilities;
(2) The board of the Ohio vendors representative committee; and
(3) The president of Ohio goodwill association.
(E) The members of the committees and councils listed in paragraphs (C) and (D) of this rule shall be requested to inform RSC of the mail method (postal or electronic) by which they prefer to receive the notice of public hearing.
(F) The members of the committees and councils listed in paragraphs (C) and (D) of this rule shall be requested to notify the groups they represent about the public hearing.
(G) The notice of public hearing shall be posted on the RSC website at http://rsc.ohio.gov/.
(H) At least thirty days before the public hearing, RSC shall submit the notice of public hearing to the legislative service commission for publication in the register of Ohio.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/08/2013 and 07/11/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3304.15 , 3304.16(A)
Rule Amplifies: 119.03(A)(4)
Prior Effective Dates: 10/29/1981, 11/10/1997, 1/7/2003, 12/10/2007, 4/11/2008