(A) OOD shall conduct a public hearing for all administrative rules filed in compliance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(B) At least thirty days before the public hearing, OOD shall prepare a notice of public hearing, which includes all of the following:
(1) A statement that it is OOD's intention to propose, amend, or rescind rules.
(2) The date, time, and location of the public hearing.
(3) A general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule(s), amendment(s), or rescission(s) relate.
(4) The reason for proposing, amending, or rescinding the rule(s).
(5) A statement that the rule(s) shall be available for review, free of charge, at the office of the OOD executive director.
(6) A statement that the notice of the public hearing and/or the full text(s) of the rule(s) is available from the office of the OOD executive director to any person who requests it and pays a fee not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing.
(7) A statement that the public hearing shall be conducted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(C) At least thirty days before the public hearing, the notice of public hearing shall:
(1) Be posted on the OOD website at http://ood.ohio.gov/;
(2) Be sent by mailing electronically or otherwise to affected providers or other interested parties who have opted-in to receive notices from OOD through the Administrative Rules mailbox at OOD.AdministrativeRules@ood.ohio.gov; and
(3) Be sent by mailing electronically or otherwise to each member of the State Rehabilitation Council, also called the Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities Council.
(D) At least thirty days before the public hearing, OOD shall submit the notice of public hearing to the legislative service commission for publication in the register of Ohio.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/01/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3304.15, 3304.16
Rule Amplifies: 119.03(A)(4)
Prior Effective Dates: 10/29/1981, 11/10/1997, 01/07/2003, 12/10/2007, 04/11/2008, 07/11/2013