Community rehabilitation programs include those service providers that are preliminarily accredited, accredited or certified in accordance with paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule.
(A) A community rehabilitation program before admitting and/or serving the first RSC consumer in any of its VR programs shall be preliminarily accredited, accredited or certified by the commission on accreditation of rehabilitation facilities (CARF), as appropriate, in one or more of the following categories of VR service that it provides to consumers: vocational evaluation, work adjustment, personal adjustment, job placement, job coaching, and community-based assessment service programs; or, for orientation and mobility and rehabilitation teaching services only, by the academy for certification of vision rehabilitation and education professionals (ACVREP).
(1) If the community rehabilitation program provides all of its VR services directly to consumers, the community rehabilitation program shall determine in which of the service categories it will secure certification, accreditation, or preliminary accreditation, appropriate.
(2) If the community rehabilitation program subcontracts any of its VR services through other providers, it must obtain certification, accreditation, or preliminary accreditation, as appropriate, in all VR services in which it subcontracts.
(3) The community rehabilitation program must obtain certification or accreditation according to paragraph (A) of this rule and shall renew certification or accreditation according to the established resurvey process.
(4) Community rehabilitation programs with ACVREP certification must provide proof of liability insurance to RSC.
(B) Additional credentialing bodies for VR services include the national accreditation council (NAC) for agencies serving people with blindness or visual impairment, national blindness professional certification board (NBPCB) certification for center-based adjustment to blindness training and the joint commission (TJC) for accreditation in behavioral health care.
(1) If the community rehabilitation program subcontracts any of its VR services through other providers, it must obtain certification, preliminary accreditation, or accreditation in all VR services in which it subcontracts unless the credentialing body identified in paragraph (B) of this rule routinely surveys all services, including subcontracted services, in the course of the certification or accreditation process.
(2) The community rehabilitation program must obtain certification, preliminary accreditation, accreditation or, if already accredited, maintain accreditation according to the resurvey process established by the appropriate credentialing body listed in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(C) The community rehabilitation program shall submit to RSC documentation from the appropriate body verifying preliminary accreditation, accreditation or certification. RSC shall not purchase services from any community rehabilitation program that does not obtain accreditation following preliminary accreditation and/or maintain appropriate accreditation or certification status.
(D) RSC shall conduct a review of each new community rehabilitation program prior to utilizing its services in that area.
(E) Prior to utilization and when requested by RSC, the community rehabilitation program shall submit the following information to RSC:
(2) Types of services.
(3) Program staffing. (4) Referral procedures.
(5) Program accessibility.
(6) Business/liability insurance.
(7) Business references.
(8) Other documentation, as deemed necessary by RSC.
(F) The community rehabilitation program shall give RSC a thirty-day notice of any change in program structures.
(G) RSC may waive any paragraph or paragraphs of this rule if necessary to appropriately serve RSC consumers. The RSC area manager or his/her designee shall request with justification a waiver from the executive director of RSC.
(H) The community rehabilitation program shall honor the rights and responsibilities of RSC consumers as defined in RSC's provider manual.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3304.15 , 3304.16 , 3304.14(B)(2)
Rule Amplifies: 3304.16(K)(2) , 3304.16(K)(3) , 3304.14(B)(2)
Prior Effective Dates: 7/17/92, 6/10/98, 5/1/03, 10/1/08, 6/5/09