(A) To be eligible to enter into BE training to become a licensee, a person must meet the following criteria:
(1) Is a citizen of the United States;
(2) Is at least twenty-one years of age;
(4) Has a high school diploma or has obtained a general education diploma;
(5) Has the ability to operate a facility with or without reasonable accommodations;
(6) Has math skills to calculate fractions, decimals and percentages;
(7) Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills;
(8) Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills for a retail business environment;
(9) Has successfully completed a pre-evaluation in-facility training experience as required;
(10) Has no past due BE debts in Ohio or any other state and no outstanding Randolph Sheppard program charges;
(11) Demonstrates ability to manage personal finances which shall include a credit check;
(12) Passes required drug testing;
(13) Has no record of criminal activity.
(B) A person is eligible for a license if the person:
(1) Successfully completes BE approved training;
(2) Passes the licensure exam; and
(3) Continues to meet the eligibility requirements listed in paragraph (A)(3) of this rule.
(C) A person shall no longer be eligible to maintain a license when that person:
(1) Voluntary surrenders the license; or
(2) Fails to enter into a BOA or BTOA for two consecutive years, unless after written request from the licensee to BE and through active participation with OVRC, BE agrees to grant additional one year extension(s).
(D) Any ineligibility for licensure listed in paragraph (C) of this rule shall not be subject to the provisions of rule 3304:1-21-13 of the Administrative Code or Chapters 119.06 to 119.09 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/19/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3304.29(D)
Rule Amplifies: 3304.28 , 3304.34
Prior Effective Dates: 3/21/79, 5/1/83, 1/12/90, 11/1/93, 10/4/99, 10/1/06