Chapter 3307-6 Compensation for Services to Teacher Professional Organizations
(A) As used in this rule:
(2) "Base contract daily rate" shall mean the base salary specified by a contract under section 3319.08 of the Revised Code divided by the number of days or partial days of service required by that contract.
(B) Service to a teacher professional organization by a member performing such service in addition to teaching duty shall constitute teaching service for the purposes of Chapter 3307. of the Revised Code if employer and employee contributions are made for each year of such service as specified by this paragraph. Compensation upon which contributions are based for each year shall include the following amounts paid for services actually rendered, whether paid or reimbursed in whole or in part by the employer or the teacher professional organization:
(1) Base compensation.
(2) Amounts paid pursuant to a supplemental written contract for additional duties unrelated to service to the teacher professional organization.
(3) If provided by a collectively bargained agreement between the employer and the teacher professional organization, amounts paid as compensation for service to the teacher professional organization, up to a maximum amount calculated by:
(a) Multiplying the base contract daily rate by;
(b) A number of days determined by subtracting from two hundred fifty the number of days of service full-time teachers are required to work under an employer's standard teaching contracts for each year.
(C) Absence for full-time service to a teacher professional organization is hereby approved as a reason qualifying under section 3307.77 of the Revised Code for purchase of credit or completion of contributions, provided:
(1) The payments described in this paragraph shall constitute compensation for purposes of this rule, whether paid or reimbursed in whole or in part by the employer or the teacher professional organization.
(2) Compensation upon which contributions are based shall be the base compensation under the contract in place under section 3319.08 of the Revised Code between the member and the employer on the thirtieth day of June before service to the teacher professional organization began, plus compensation under any supplemental contract in effect on that date, adjusted as follows:
(a) After the first year of absence due to service to the organization, compensation under such contracts shall be increased in accordance with the employer's salary schedules, if the schedules continue to specify a salary for the position or duties; and
(b) Compensation shall also include amounts actually paid by an employer, a teacher professional organization or either of them as compensation for service to the organization, if provided by specific provision of the collectively bargained agreement between the employer and the teacher professional organization, up to a maximum amount calculated by:
(i) Multiplying the base contract daily rate as adjusted under paragraph (C)(2)(a) of this rule by;
(ii) A number of days determined by subtracting from two hundred fifty the number of days of service full-time teachers are required to work under an employer's standard teaching contract for each year.
(D) A member is ineligible to contribute, complete contributions or purchase credit under this rule for any service to a teacher professional organization that is used in the calculation of any retirement benefit currently being paid or payable in the future under any other retirement program, except social security.
(E) To the extent that contributions on compensation included by this rule are not otherwise included with contributions transmitted or paid by an employer, the member may request that contributions be permitted on a form provided by the retirement system and signed by the member, the teacher professional organization and the employer, which shall include such information as the retirement system finds necessary. If an application is approved, contributions shall be transmitted by the employer in accordance with instructions provided by the retirement system.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3307-6-01
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3307.04
Rule Amplifies: 3307.01, 3307.24, 3307.77
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/01 (Emer.), 9/17/01, 7/24/08
Rescinded eff 7-24-08