(1) The application shall be signed by the member. If the account balance exceeds two hundred dollars, the member's signature must be notarized or witnessed by a SERS counselor.
(2) The application of a member who has worked in a SERS-covered position during the six month period preceding the application must include an employer certification completed by the employer's treasurer's office or finance personnel.
(B) A member may withdraw an application as follows:
(1) If the refund payment has not been sent, by delivering a signed written request over the applicant's signature to withdraw the application to the retirement system, prior to the date the payment is sent or,
(2) If the refund payment has been sent, by returning to the retirement system the warrant uncashed with a signed written request over the applicant's signature to withdraw the application and, if applicable, a personal check or money order for any amounts deducted from the refund amount and disbursed by the retirement system as authorized by law no later than thirty days after receipt of the check by the member or financial institution designated by the member.
(3) If the refund payment was distributed as a direct rollover pursuant to rule 3309-1-53 of the Administrative Code, by delivering to the retirement system a signed written request over the applicant's signature to withdraw the application, and if the retirement plan that received the distribution returns to the retirement system the full amount transferred not later than sixty days after the transfer.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/06/2015 and 02/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3309.04
Rule Amplifies: 3309.23, 3309.42
Prior Effective Dates: 12/24/76, 1/2/93, 2/11/00, 5/14/05, 4/2/10