(B) As used in this rule:
(1) "Eligible service credit" means service credit earned under this system or the Cincinnati retirement system or military service credit purchased or obtained in this system or the Cincinnati retirement system.
(2) "Eligible SERS member" means a member of this system who is eligible to obtain service credit in this system for service in the Cincinnati retirement system pursuant to section 3309.75 of the Revised Code.
(C) To obtain service credit in this system for eligible service credit with the Cincinnati retirement system, an eligible SERS member shall file a written request on a form provided by this system. Upon receipt of the properly completed form, this system shall notify the Cincinnati retirement system.
(D) This system shall grant. 083 per cent of a year of service credit in this system per month of eligible service credit with the Cincinnati retirement system upon payment of the following amounts:
(1) Payment by the Cincinnati retirement system of the amounts required under division (B) or division (C)(2) of section 3309,75 of the Revised Code.
(E) If the Cincinnati retirement system fails to pay any amounts required under division (B) or division (C)(2) of section 3309.75 of the Revised Code, this system shall not grant any service credit for which payment was not received and shall:
(1) Provide notice to the eligible SERS member; and
(F) An eligible SERS member may obtain service credit pursuant to section 3309.75 of the Revised Code in increments of one month. Service credit obtained in this system shall be deemed to be based first on the eligible SERS member's most recently acquired eligible service credit in the Cincinnati retirement system.
(G) No service credit shall be granted in this system that would result in the eligible SERS member accruing more than one year of service credit for any twelve-month period.
(1) This system shall pay to the Cincinnati retirement system the amounts required under section 3309.76 of the Revised Code upon receiving written notice from the Cincinnati retirement system that the eligible CRS member has filed a request to obtain service credit in the Cincinnati retirement system and paid any amounts required.
(2) If less than the eligible CRS member's total eligible service credit in this system is obtained in the Cincinnati retirement system pursuant to division (B) of section 3309.76 of the Revised Code, any benefits or payments to which the eligible CRS member or beneficiaries may be entitled shall be based on the remaining service credit with this system.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/20/2017 and 02/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3309.04
Rule Amplifies: 3309.74, 3309.75, 3309.76
Prior Effective Dates: 11/19/01 (Emer), 2/11/02