(A) Pursuant to section 3318.03 of the Revised Code, the commission shall make determinations in favor of proceeding with school district projects. Pursuant to division (A) of section 3318.06 of the Revised Code, the commission may conditionally approve school district projects. Such conditional approval shall be submitted to the controlling board for approval thereof.
(B) Whereas the conditional approval of the commission is necessary prior to controlling board approval, the commission shall adhere to the following procedure for approval of school district projects.
(1) The commission shall convene a regularly scheduled meeting, as called by the chair, to approve school district projects.
(2) The executive director or the executive director's designee shall present a recommendation to the commission for approval of each school district project which may be funded within the appropriations given to the commission and which has met all other eligibility criteria set forth in Chapter 3318. of the Revised Code. The executive director may present a listing of school district projects to be approved that provides the name of each school district, the scope of the project, the total project budget and the state and local share.
(3) The commission will vote approval or disapproval of each school district project, as set forth in Chapter 3318. of the Revised Code. The commission may approve multiple projects listed on an appendix or exhibit in one vote.
(4) Following approval of the project and obtainment of local funding, the commission may authorize the executive director or the executive director's designee to enter into a project agreement pursuant to section 3318.08 of the Revised Code.
(5) Following approval of the project and obtainment of local funding, the commission may authorize the executive director of the executive director's designee to take actions necessary to administer the performance of the project agreement, except for contracts entered into under rule 3318-2-05 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/18/2012 and 08/10/2017
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3318.31
Rule Amplifies: 3318.03, 3318.31
Prior Effective Dates: 6/18/02 (Emer.), 9/13/02