(A) Each state funded entity that manages or operates facilities shall employ certified building operators to manage or operate its facilities as follows:
(1) State funded entities that manage or operate a single or stand-alone facility or campus shall designate at least one certified building operator to manage such facility or campus.
(2) State funded entities that manage or operate multiple facilities or campuses located in regions or districts throughout the state shall designate at least one certified building operator to manage such facilities or campuses in each region or district.
(3) State funded entities that manage or operate multiple facilities or campuses and provide centralized facility related direction or services to multiple centers or campuses shall designate at least one certified building operator to manage such multiple facility or campus locations.
(B) Designated building operators shall satisfactorily complete a building operator certification training program adopted by the department of administrative services.
(C) State funded entities may apply for a waiver of compliance from the director of administrative services for the following reasons:
(1) The state funded entity's facilities have an average annual site energy performance index less than seventy-five thousand British thermal units per square foot; or
(2) The state funded entity's designated building operators have received certification through a similar approved certification program that provides equivalent training on energy-efficient maintenance procedures and operational practices. The following programs are preapproved by the department of administrative services:
(a) International facilities management association designations (i.e., certified facility manager and facility management professional); or
(b) Building owners and managers institute designations (i.e., real property administrator, facilities management administrator, systems maintenance administrator, or systems maintenance technician).
(D) This section shall not apply to state funded entities that occupy leased space and are not responsible for facility maintenance functions.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3318-3-06
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/26/2015 and 01/10/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 123.21, 123.22(D)
Rule Amplifies: 123.22
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/1980, 02/16/2010, 4/2/2012