(A) The board may issue program authorization for a degree, certificate, or diploma program to an applicant holding a certificate of registration issued pursuant to section 3332.05 of the Revised Code upon receipt of the fee established in accordance with this rule and upon determining that the program meets the minimum standards established in accordance with rule 3332-1-16 of the Administrative Code. The general requirements and procedures for program authorization are as follows:
(1) A school shall make application for all programs the school intends to offer using forms provided by the board.
(2) Fees for the initial issuance and renewal of program authorization will be determined by the board and set forth in the board's fee schedule. Each application for initial and renewal program authorization will be assessed a non-refundable fee. Institutions shall submit an estimate of student enrollment and gross tuition income for each proposed program for the purpose of fee assessment and to determine that the institution will have the financial resources necessary to teach the program.
(3) When a new program is proposed for which no criteria have been established by the board, the school may be required to provide the board with an evaluation of the proposed program by an advisory committee of prospective employers who shall satisfy the board as to the merits of the specific program.
(4) No school may discontinue any program of instruction without board approval until such time as students therein have completed said program and the board has been notified.
(B) No school, person, or other entity may offer or solicit students for any program prior to receiving program authorization from the board.
(C) Certificates of program authorization for individual programs are valid for a period of time specified by the board and applications for renewal must be received by the board no less than ninety days prior to the expiration of the certificate of program authorization. The effective date of program re-authorization will normally be the anniversary date of the original program authorization or the date of last renewal of the program authorization.
(D) The length or major content of any approved program may not be altered without the administrative approval of the board, subject to the following provisions:
(1) Program course content revisions required to maintain currency or relevance within the occupational field that does not result in course objective or title changes may be accomplished without board approval.
(2) Program revisions that include course deletions or additions, name changes, a change in credit or clock hours of twenty percent or more, or a change in the method of curriculum measurement hours (clock, quarter, or semester) will require board administrative approval. Such program revisions may be assessed a fee as determined by the board's fee schedule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/17/2011 and 09/30/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3332.031
Rule Amplifies: 3332.031
Prior Effective Dates: 4/16/990 (Emer.), 7/12/1990, 7/1/1991, 10/14/1994, 4/2/1999, 6/1/2005.