(A) All agents must be registered in accordance with Administrative Code rule 3332-1-17.Agentsmustreceiveat least twenty-five percent of their total annual compensation from the school in salary that excludes money received from commissions.
(B) All agents, school directors or other persons involved in the recruitment and solicitation of students must conform to the following code of conduct:
(1) Have a thorough understanding of the school, its program offerings, facilities, staff and instructor qualifications.
(2) Have a knowledge of the success of individuals who have completed the school's programs and were able to obtain either initial employment or advancement in the field in which they were trained.
(3) Clearly understand that "approved" and "accredited" are not the same terms and are not to be used as such. Accredited will only be used by schools who have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the United States department of education.
(4) Refrain from discrediting other schools by claiming that they are guilty of dishonorable conduct, are unable to fulfill the terms of a contract, are in trouble financially or make other derogatory comments.
(5) Refrain from attempting to influence a student to withdraw from a school that the student is presently attending.
(6) Refrain from encouraging a prospective student to change plans after signing an enrollment application and paying the registration fee to another school.
(7) Refrain from making exaggerated statements concerning job or employment opportunities.
(8) When applicable, carefully explain to the prospective student that, in addition to course completion, there are certain employment positions requiring examinations and tests, either state or federal, to become licensed prior to being employed in specific field.
(9) Accurately state the availability of financial assistance at the school.
(10) Be responsible to make sure the prospective student is provided a receipt for monies collected and a copy of the enrollment agreement and student disclosure form.
(11) Remit to the school, promptly, any funds received from prospective or new students even though the school may be in arrears in the financial obligations to the agent
(12) Refrain from offering money or other considerations to students or any other persons, who do not possess an agent permit, to solicit, recruit or otherwise entice prospective students to enroll in the school that you represent.
(13) Avoid making any false or misleading statements or other representations to students about the school and the programs it offers.
(14) Have an understanding of the rules and regulations of the board as well as any items included in the board's student disclosure form.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/24/2007 and 06/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3332.031
Rule Amplifies: 3332.09 , 3332.11 , 3332.12
Prior Effective Dates: 4/16/90 (Emer.), 7/12/90, 10/1/02