This rule is adopted in compliance with, and under the authority of, division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, as amended, effective November 28, 1975.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Ohio Board of Regents, 30 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: 614-466-6000.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. A request for such notification shall be addressed to: "Board Secretary, Ohio Board of Regents, 30 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215" or by way of electronic mail message at email@example.com.
The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, his mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers where he can be reached. The board secretary shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this section.
In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the board secretary shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, which must be mailed by way of ordinary mail or electronic mail message no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting;
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort the board secretary has been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(3) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the board secretary shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing either the notice described in paragraph (C)(2) of this rule, or that described in paragraph (C)(3) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
In giving the notices required by paragraph (C) of this rule, the board secretary may rely on assistance provided by any member of the board of regents staff and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(D) The board secretary shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, orally or in writing, notice of all meetings of the board of regents at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may have his name placed on such a list. The board secretary shall, no later than seven days prior to each meeting, send by first class mail an agenda of the meeting to such persons.
(E) Upon proper notice given pursuant to this rule, an interactive video teleconference meeting may be held if a quorum is present.
Rules may be amended at any time by majority vote of the entire membership of the board.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/15/2010 and 12/18/2015
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 121.22
Rule Amplifies: 121.22
Prior Effective Dates: 11/28/75, 12/4/75, 1/6/76, 2/3/00, 10/25/03