This rule is established by authority conferred upon the chancellor of the Ohio board of regents by sections 3333.04 and 6301.14 of the Revised Code and Section 2 of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 1 of the 130th General Assembly.
(B) Policy and intent
The purpose of the "OhioMeansJobs" workforce development revolving loan program is to promote and encourage Ohio's workforce development and job growth through educational training and retraining in programs related to employment opportunities in areas that are in demand, including but not limited to, employment opportunities within the field of energy exploration.
(1) "Institution" means any of the following:
(c) A private, nonprofit institution in this state holding a certificate of authorization pursuant to Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code;
(d) A private institution exempt from regulation under Chapter 3332. of the Revised Code as prescribed in section 3333.046 of the Revised Code, if the program has a certificate of authorization pursuant to Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code;
(e) A career-technical center, joint vocational school district, comprehensive career-technical center, or compact career-technical center offering adult training.
(2) "Workforce training program" includes any of the following:
(a) Courses, programs, or a degree from an institution;
(b) Vocational education classes offered to adult learners;
(c) Any other training program designed to meet the special requirements of a particular employer.
(D) Requests for proposals
(1) The chancellor shall prescribe a process for making awards under this program to eligible institutions for the institutions to disburse to eligible participants as loans. The process shall include the periodic issuance of a request for proposals to all or any segment of the eligible institutions.
(2) The forms that will be used in the proposal process shall be prescribed by the chancellor and made available each time a request for proposals is issued. The requests for proposals process shall be published on the Ohio board of regents web page, located at www.ohiohighered.org.
(3) Any request for proposals for the "OhioMeansJobs" workforce development revolving loan program shall include:
(a) Instructions for submitting a proposal, including the timelines for proposals, the required format and any specific forms to be used in the proposal;
(b) Eligibility requirements for submitting a proposal;
(c) A description of the criteria that will be used to evaluate submitted proposals, which may include, but is not limited to:
(i) The success rate of the workforce training program offered by the institution;
(ii) The cost of the workforce training program based upon a comparison of similar workforce training programs offered in this state;
(iii) The rate that the workforce training program participants obtain employment in the field in which they receive training under the program;
(iv) The willingness of the institution to assist a participant in paying for the costs of participating in the workforce training program;
(v) The extent to which the program has demonstrated support from business partners.
(d) Any award amount minimums and maximums for an institution, a program or a loan to the participant at the institution;
(e) A description of procedures that will be used to select the loan award recipients, which may include, but is not limited to, giving preference to certain criteria used to evaluate submitted proposals;
(f) Terms for repayment of a loan from the fund;
(g) Any special conditions or requirements that may accompany an award of funds.
(E) Proposal review and program awards
The chancellor shall review each proposal submitted in response to each request for proposals. Proposals received by entities deemed to be ineligible to submit proposals as defined in the request for proposals shall not be reviewed.
The chancellor shall notify each applicant of the decision concerning each respective proposal.
(F) Award requirements
(1) Any recipient of an "OhioMeansJobs" workforce development revolving loan program award by the chancellor shall enter into an agreement with the chancellor governing the use and disbursement of the award.
(2) Any recipient of an "OhioMeansJobs" workforce development revolving loan program award by the chancellor may be required to provide the chancellor with periodic program and fiscal reports as provided in the instructions for proposal and agreement.
(3) Award recipients shall agree to maintain financial and non-financial records documenting the activities of the funded program. Such records shall be subject to inspection and review at the discretion of the chancellor to ensure fiscal accountability, operating progress, and desired outcomes. The chancellor may require an award recipient that violates the terms of its agreement to repay the award plus interest calculated on any outstanding principal balance of that award of not more than four per cent per annum, as described in the request for proposal and agreement. A decision of the chancellor to require such repayment shall be final.
(4) Award recipients shall agree to participate in any common marketing or branding strategy that may be specified by the chancellor for fund awardees.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/06/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: Section 2 of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 1 of the 130th General Assembly
Rule Amplifies: Section 2 of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 1 of the 130th General Assembly