Chapter 3333-9 Ohio Higher Educational Facility Commission
(1) The Ohio higher educational facility commission shall organize for the conduct of business at its annual meeting by electing from its membership a vice chair and a secretary. The chair shall be the member of the commission designated as such by the governor of Ohio.
(2) The headquarters of the commission shall be located in Columbus, Ohio.
(1) The annual meeting of the commission shall be held in July of each year or in any other month as may be designated from time to time by the commission at a time determined by the chair. Additional meetings may be called by action of the Commission or upon call by the chair or vice chair.
(2) Members shall be given at least three days advance written notice of all meetings by regular mail or by electronic means. Such notice shall be deemed given either when deposited in the United States mail in a postage pre-paid envelope addressed to each member as it appears on the records of the Commission or when sent and received electronically to the e-mail or such address as it appears on the records of the commission.
(3) Meetings may be held at any location in the state.
(4) Official business shall be transacted only in meetings open to the public.
(5) Together with the advance notice of meetings, members shall be given an agenda of each meeting by the chair, or the vice chair or the secretary, provided, however, that any business may be considered or acted upon whether or not set forth in said agenda.
(6) A majority of the entire membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business and the approval of a majority of the entire membership shall be necessary to undertake any act of the commission.
(7) Any meeting of the commission, whether or not a quorum is present, may be adjourned by the member (if only one member is present) or a majority of those members present at such meeting to a stated time and place, without necessity for further notice. A reasonable effort shall be made to inform absent members of the time and place of such adjourned meeting, but this requirement shall not in any way affect the ability of the majority of the commission to act at such adjourned meeting on any matter coming before the commission at such meeting.
(8) Except as otherwise provided by rule or other action of the commission, all proceedings shall be governed by parliamentary rules as set forth in Robert's Rules of Order.
(C) Order of business
The following shall be the order of business for meetings:
(1) Call to order, (2) roll call, (3) approval of rules or other matters for the conduct of business, (4) old business, (5) new business, (6) reports, (7) miscellaneous, (8) adjournment.
The commission shall keep the minutes of each meeting of the commission, which shall contain a record of all actions taken by vote of the commission and such other matters as the commission may from time to time determine. Each member shall receive a copy of the minutes.
(1) chair. The chair shall: preside at all meetings of the commission; decide all questions of order at such meetings; perform all duties conferred upon such officer by the laws of the state of Ohio; and perform such other duties as the rules of the commission may prescribe or as may be, from time to time, authorized by the commission.
(2) Vice chair. the vice chair, in the absence or incapacity of the chair, shall for the time being be invested with the powers and discharge the duties of the chair; and the vice chair shall perform such other duties as the rules of the commission may prescribe or as may be, from time to time, authorized by the commission.
(3) Secretary. The secretary shall keep minutes of the meetings of the commission; shall be the custodian of any seal of the commission and of all records, books, deeds, contracts, documents and papers of the commission; shall give notice (or shall provide that notice be given) to the members of the commission of all meetings of the commission in conformity with the rules and regulations and shall perform all duties conferred upon such officer by the laws of the state of ohio and such other duties as the rules of the commission may prescribe or as may be, from time to time, authorized by the commission.
(1) The commission may authorize such standing or special committees as it may deem desirable from time to time. The chair shall designate the members of such committees.
(2) The commission may authorize the appointment of advisory committees from time to time.
Within ninety days after the close of each fiscal year, the commission shall transmit an annual report of its activities for the preceding fiscal year to the governor of the state of Ohio together with the filing of copies thereof with the clerk of each house of the Ohio general assembly.
These rules may be amended at any time by a majority vote of the entire membership of the commission.