(A) Except as provided in paragraph (B) of this rule, the board shall post notice of any and all of its meetings in the press room of the state capitol building not less than five business days prior to any such meeting unless said meeting is an emergency meeting in which case the board shall give reasonable notice or, if the meeting is a special meeting, then the notice provided for in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(B) In addition to the requirements set forth in paragraph (A) of this rule, the board, its executive committee or any of its subcommittees shall not hold a special meeting unless the board gives at least twenty-four hours advance notice to any news media that have requested notification of said meetings in accordance with this rule, except in the event of an emergency requiring immediate official action. In the event of such an emergency, the member or members calling the meeting or their designee shall notify any such news media immediately of the time, place and purpose of the meeting.
(C) Any person may ascertain the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the board, its executive committee or any subcommittee by,
(1) Calling the following telephone number during business hours: 800-233-6734.
(2) Consulting the bulletin board located in the press room in the state capitol building.
(3) Consulting the Ohio tuition trust authority website at www.collegeadvantage.com.
(D) Any person may, upon prior written request, obtain reasonable advance notification of all board meetings at which any specific type of public business is to be discussed.
(1) Any such written request shall be addressed to "Executive Director, Ohio Tuition Trust Authority, 580 S. High Street, Suite 208, Columbus, Ohio 43215" and shall contain the name and address of the person to be notified and two telephone numbers where the person may be reached.
(2) It shall be the obligation of the person making a written request for notice of said meetings to notify the board of any change in address. Otherwise, notice shall be deemed given by mailing notice to the last address provided in writing. Such notice of change in address shall be addressed to the board in the same manner as provided in paragraph (D)(1) of this rule.
(3) Any written request for notification of meetings received by the board shall remain valid and in effect for a period of two years from the date of receipt. Upon expiration of said two year period, the board shall have no obligation to provide notice of meetings under such expired request, unless notice is otherwise required by law. A request for notice of meetings may be renewed by following the procedure set forth under paragraph (D)(1) of this rule.
(E) The executive director shall maintain a list of all persons who have made written request to be notified of meetings under paragraph (C) of this rule.
(F) The board may impose reasonable restrictions and requirements on participation by the public at any of the board's meetings.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/21/2011
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: ORC sec 3334.20(D)
Rule Amplifies: ORC sec. 3334.03
Prior Effective Dates: 7/27/91, 6/17/96, 9/25/97, 08/21/2006