(A) Every meeting of the senate shall have an agenda. The agenda shall include the time and place of the meeting, order of business, and copies of any substantive proposals.
(B) The steering committee shall establish the agenda for all regular meetings. For this purpose, the steering committee (1) Shall receive through the university senate office proposals for senate action or other presentations to the senate from any committee of the senate, or university committee or council, or member of the senate, or any member of the university community.
(2) Shall refer all substantive proposals for senate action to appropriate committees for review prior to entering them in an agenda, unless the proposal has been generated in such committee and has been so treated.
(3) Shall, as soon as practicable, include in the agenda of a regular meeting all items submitted by any committee of the senate, or university committee or council, or member of the senate.
(4) Shall set the agenda so that the scheduled business can be disposed of in a meeting of reasonable duration.
(5) Shall include with each agenda an estimate of the time necessary to complete the regularly scheduled business of the senate.
(6) May advise the senate of the apparent need for a special meeting.
In special meetings, the specific purpose set by the initiators of the special meetings shall take precedence over all others. Additional agenda items established by the steering committee may follow if time permits.
(C) The secretary of the university senate shall send and make available electronically copies of the agenda for all senate meetings to all members and alternate members at least seven days prior to the meeting.