(A) General functions. The university shall coordinate this chapter, develop ways and means to improve traffic conditions in conjunction with the department of public safety and carry out the specific functions set forth this chapter. The university will coordinate these functions with the parking operator as it deems necessary or desirable. Such specific functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Maintenance of a current journal of all official traffic control devices erected on university streets, roadways, property and grounds , indicating the location, and the date of erection;
(2) Regulation of the use of streets, roadways and bicycle paths by vehicles and pedestrians;
(3) Regulation of traffic by means of enforcement personnel of the university or the parking operator and traffic control devices or, when necessary, with the assistance of law enforcement officers of the university or other agencies, and hospital and campus security officers, on streets, roadways, property and grounds of the university on which traffic may be permitted;
(4) Regulation or prohibition of processions on the parts of streets, roadways, property and grounds of the university upon which traffic may be permitted;
(5) Designation of any street or roadway as a through street or roadway or a one-way street or roadway;
(6) Designation of an intersection as a stop intersection where all vehicles shall stop at one or more entrances to such intersection; and
(7) Regulation of the stopping, standing and parking of vehicles on streets, roadways, property and grounds of the university on which traffic may or may not be permitted.
(B) Installation of traffic devices. It shall be a function of the university to determine the installation and proper timing and maintenance of traffic control devices, to conduct engineering investigations of traffic conditions, to plan the operation of traffic on the streets, roadways, property and grounds of the university and to cooperate with other university officials in the development of ways and means to improve traffic conditions.