(A) not exclusive. The provisions of this rule imposing a time limit on parking shall not relieve any person from the duty to observe other and more restrictive provisions prohibiting or limiting parking in specified places or at specified times.
(B) Parking prohibited. Parking is prohibited at all times on certain streets and roadways. When signs are erected by the university giving notice thereof, no person shall park a vehicle at any time upon any street or roadway that is signposted.
(C) Parking limited time. Parking time may be limited on certain streets and roadways. The university of the parking operator, in accordance with the concession agreement is hereby authorized to establish limited time parking on certain streets and roadways by posting signs giving notice thereof.
(1) Pay-parking facilities. Certain parking areas may be designated as pay-parking facilities, and a schedule of fees for such parking shall be established by the university or the parking operator, in accordance with the concession agreement. Parking in such areas may be open to all persons or limited by rule of the parking operator. No person parking in a pay facility shall refuse to pay the prescribed fee.
(2) Signs. Whenever the university or the parking operator provides by rule that any area shall be limited to certain parking, such rule shall be effective when proper signs, giving notice that parking is limited to certain persons or times, have been erected in the area or when law enforcement officers or parking personnel are present and are directing parking and traffic thereto and therefrom.
(D) Parking meter zones.
(1) The parking operator is hereby authorized to install parking meters in accordance with the concession agreement to regulate short-term parking within parking areas or upon those streets and roadways or parts of streets and roadways where it is determined that the installation of parking meters is necessary to aid in the regulation and control of parking vehicles.
(2) No person shall park a vehicle in any parking space to which a parking meter has been installed during the restricted and regulated time applicable to the parking meter unless parking fee has been paid.
(3) All individuals who are parking a vehicle in a pay and display lot must display, on the dashboard of their vehicle, a valid parking voucher purchased at the nearest pay and display machine.
(E) Unattended vehicles; duty to lock ignition, remove key, set brake, etc. No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition, removing the key from the ignition, effectively setting the parking brake and, when the motor vehicle is standing upon any grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway or roadway.
The requirements of this paragraph relating to the stopping of the engine, locking of the ignition and removing the key from the ignition of a motor vehicle shall not apply to an emergency vehicle or a public safety vehicle .