(A) There shall be a dean and director of each regional campus who shall be a member of its faculty and the administrative head of the regional campus. The dean and director shall be appointed by the board of trustees upon nomination of the executive vice president and provost in consultation with the president. Before making this nomination, the executive vice president and provost or designee shall confer with the regional campus faculty, the department or school in which the faculty appointment would be made, and shall consider the recommendations of the deans of the colleges with regular faculty assigned to that campus.
(B) The major responsibility of each regional campus dean and director shall be that of providing active leadership in the promotion, direction, and support of educational activities and research opportunities, in the maintenance of a high level of morale among the faculty, and in the encouragement of the spirit of learning among the students. In addition the dean and director shall have administrative responsibility for the program of the regional campus subject to the approval of the executive vice president and provost or designee, the president, and the board of trustees. These administrative responsibilities shall include the duty:
(1) To preside at meetings of the faculty executive committee and to appoint members to regional campus committees unless the method of selection is determined by the Administrative Code or by the regional campus faculty.
(2) To develop in consultation with the faculty a pattern of administration for the regional campus following the principles set forth in paragraph (C)(2) of rule 3335-3-35 of the Administrative Code.
(3) To communicate to the regional campus community the educational programs, standards, and policies of the campus and the university.
(4) To establish the extent and variety of course offerings on the regional campus in consultation with the executive vice president and provost or designee, the appropriate college deans, department chairs or school directors, and the faculty of the regional campus.
(5) To consult with the appropriate college dean and department chair or school director and to jointly offer employment to prospective faculty members assigned to the campus.
(6) To assist the appropriate college deans, department chairs, and school directors in the annual review of all faculty assigned to the regional campus. This assistance shall include a written evaluation of the faculty member's teaching, research, and service activities on and for the regional campus. The regional campus dean and director shall be consulted when a regional campus faculty member is being considered for promotion and tenure and may suggest such candidates to the appropriate chairs and directors.
(7) To prepare and administer the regional campus budget in consultation with the regional campus faculty budget committee; to consult with the appropriate chair or director regarding faculty salary recommendations; to be responsible for the management, maintenance, and security of the physical plant and capital equipment of the regional campus.
(8) To maintain liaison with community councils and agencies and to garner support of regional campus programs and activities.
(9) To develop, promote, and maintain educational, cultural, and service programs with approval of the appropriate university bodies and administrative officials. The dean and director shall review all such programs periodically.
(10) Consult with the executive dean for regional campuses on matters of common concern to the regional campuses.
Replaces: 3335-3- 29.1
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3335
Rule Amplifies: 3335.08
Prior Effective Dates: 03/17/1980, 11/28/1983, 07/01/1984, 12/15/1985, 07/03/1986, 01/15/1987, 02/14/1991, 06/15/1996, 03/26/1998, 09/01/2001, 06/27/2005